Click and chat with us on whatsapp for sofa details

‘Comedy is the genre I enjoy doing’ revealed Ketan Singh from Sony SAB’s ‘Apna News Aayega’

‘Comedy is the genre I enjoy doing’ revealed Ketan Singh from Sony SAB’s ‘Apna News Aayega’


1. What made you choose to work for Apna News Aayega?

I was approached by Optimystix Productions for this show and I have been looking forward to work with Sony SAB again since I’ve worked with the channel earlier, on Shankar Jai Kishan, which was a triple role. I think my potential to portray different characters and familiarity with the genre of spoofs and comedy was recognized by Optimystix. So, that made me choose Apna News Aayega. It isa genre that I enjoy doing.

2. How has the experience been?

It is hectic shooting but it is never monotonous and there’s no room for the audience to stereotype the artist with the character he/she plays. So neither the audience nor the artists ever get bored of the character.The gags are also so hilarious that while reading and improvising we have the most fun amongst each other.


3. Dynamics between costars?

I know almost all of my co-stars of Apna News Aayega from my previous shows and I’ve known people in Optimystix since the past 4 years now. Rajesh Ji and I go back in time as I’ve known him for 6 years now. Although I’ve never worked with Karishma, I share common friends with her and we’ve hung out together before.I have a really good rapport with Rajesh ji even on camera in terms of our synced timing along with Rahul and Gaurav. 

4. Did you have any hilarious moment in-between shooting?

There was a sequence where, while playing cricket, the ball lands in a bowl of daal. So, the sequence dialogue went like ‘kalraat me mere gharDaalmakhanibanithiaurusme ball girgaya to woh ball makhani ban gayi’. While shooting this scene, we all just burst out laughing in the moment.

6. What makes the show stand out and what should the audience look forward to?

The concept of Apna News Aayegais international, like Saturday Night Live, where they have spoofs on topical issues. Although we don’t touch politics here in India but we have touched Bollywood and daily social happenings. I love the format and I hope it will be accepted as well. The audience can expect loads of comedy and fun. After a tiring day when you sit back and relax, instead of watching chaotic news, this show will only bring laughter.
The content of the show will be very socio-topical, Bollywood related and resembles the framework of news show but with a comical twist.

7. Do you watch Sony SAB?

I love watching Sony SAB and I have been a part of one of the show in past as well. I really like Tenali Rama and Tarak Mehta kaOoltahChasmah is another one of my favourite shows.

8. Message for the viewers?

Please do watch this show and only take the things that need serious attention with all seriousness that is, your family and friends and rest can all be taken with a pinch of salt and laughter which we soon bring to our audience.

Comments

Videos Folding Sofa Cum Bed